Jake Rothstein is the CEO and Founder of UpsideHoM, whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for older adults everywhere. UpsideHoM is the first and only fully managed, shared living option for older adults, providing a turn-key, affordable and appealing alternative to traditional senior living.
Jake previously co-founded Papa – a company which pairs older adults and families with “Papa Pals” for companionship and assistance with everyday tasks – based on experience with his own grandfather (who he called Papa). Witnessing the wide-spread nature of loneliness, isolation and unaffordable housing options for older adults, Jake developed the idea for UpsideHoM, which would provide a solution to more completely tackle these challenges at scale.
With a background in technology sales, operations and management, Jake has experience building and running successful, international teams, selling enterprise software into the Global 2000.
Jake holds a BA in Economics from the University of Florida. He is a FAA certificated Private Pilot who enjoys flying, outdoor running and spending time with his incredible wife Sharona and their Goldendoodle Louie.
- Everyone ages differently – Why does senior living have to be a one-size fits all approach? Why not different?
- Why loneliness is different than social isolation – and how to tackle both?
- The looming housing affordability crisis
- Changing tastes/needs of today’s older adults
- Why aging in place sounds nice but isn’t always realistic for you or your family
Jake’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jakerothstein/